Starter gear

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Starter gear

Post by Nine on Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:51 pm

I'm sure many people were disappointed abit with starting itemization. So I'd like to make a list of suggestions what should be changed to suit certain pve/pvp needs.

-PvE rogue offhands are completely terrible and starter rogues will find it extremely hard to find a decent offhand when Black Morass is bugged. So I suggest adding Latro's Shifting Sword http://thottbot.com/i28189 to starter gear (or make it obtainable via voting). Same with other pve weapons for other classes, im sure some are horrible for pve.

-feral tanking offparts. self explanatory.. they're non existant, starting druids use healing bracers just for stamina -_-

Well starter gear statwise is pretty decent, but like I said some HWL weapons are trash for pve and many items are unobtainable cause of heroics being bugged, so it would be fair to have a chance to obtain them some other way, because frankly I'd vote/use badges/whatever to get a hold of a decent offhand (and please dont start with the 'get Blazefury' crap).
Please feel free to suggest some other changes to starter gear.

Last edited by Nine on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Nine
Semi-Decent
Semi-Decent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Starter gear

Post by MisaĆ© on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:50 pm

Aye, I'd agree that some of the starting gear maybe needs to be looked at again. Healers are generally fine, I don't know about tanks, and I know some of the DPS items need looking at.
MisaƩ
Advanced
Advanced

View user profile http://kingdomskye.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mondego on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:17 pm

There's no real good tanking mainhand, and the KoT tanking ring with no stamina is pretty ridiculous. I'm using a DPS ring over that still. I'd suggest implementing these two items for tanks:

Grom'tor's Charge (clicky)
Elementium Band of the Sentry (clicky)

Further, I'm pretty sure caster and healer rings are pretty poor - shamans/paladins have to go with a spirit ring, and casters have to go with a spell penetration one? I could be wrong here, though.

The starter gear's good enough as it is though; these changes would just make it more consistent.

Edit: With the lack of resilience I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to implement the Halaa PvP items too (the belt specifically). And maybe some items like Unyielding Bracers.

Mondego
Advanced
Advanced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Telany on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:18 am

Mondego wrote:There's no real good tanking mainhand, and the KoT tanking ring with no stamina is pretty ridiculous. I'm using a DPS ring over that still. I'd suggest implementing these two items for tanks:

Grom'tor's Charge (clicky)
Elementium Band of the Sentry (clicky)

Further, I'm pretty sure caster and healer rings are pretty poor - shamans/paladins have to go with a spirit ring, and casters have to go with a spell penetration one? I could be wrong here, though.

The starter gear's good enough as it is though; these changes would just make it more consistent.

Edit: With the lack of resilience I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to implement the Halaa PvP items too (the belt specifically). And maybe some items like Unyielding Bracers.

I completely agree with you on the tanking part , having to use a level 60 PvP weapon just sucks :/
But arent Unyielding Bracers a crafted item and from what I see they are quite easy to make ?

Unyielding Bracers

=)

Telany
Semi-Decent
Semi-Decent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mondego on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:14 am

The recipe hasn't dropped yet, to the best of my knowledge, but that's a fair point. Adding craftable gear would soft of kill the need for professions.

There are other useful items for pvp, though. To name a few:
Alembic of Infernal Power
Shattrath Choker of Power
Broxigar's Ring of Valor

Mondego
Advanced
Advanced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paris on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:11 am

Lol the starter gear is just fine >.< for instant 70, you cant be bitchin about that.
Paris
Alt
Alt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mondego on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:15 am

It's fine, yeah. Just a little inconsistent. And that's just the kind of stuffs GMs want to be informed of so they can fix it, I imagine.

Mondego
Advanced
Advanced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top